Welcome to the Greenshowroom
Like no other fashion event in Europe, the Greenshowroom stands for elegant designs and sustainable high-grade materials. The centrally located Kraftwerk Berlin creates an exclusive ambience for fashion, beauty and lifestyle products of the highest standard. A unique event program turns the Kraftwerk into the hotspot for sustainability and innovation in fashion, during the Berlin Fashion Week.
Cocccon, Creativity can care
Jan ‘n June
Les Racines du Ciel
Margaret and Hermione
Mayd in Chyna
Mymarini Ethical Swimwear
Nemanti Italian Luxury Vegan Shoes
Xess + Baba
See all labels >
Catwalk show &
Spotlight on sustainable fashion: Selected designers present their new collections to an audience of prominent guests from the worlds of fashion, business, politics, film and television who enjoy high fashion at its best at the Salonshow. Visit also the lectures, panel discussions, guided tours and get-together events at the Kraftwerk and benefit from the competence center for green fashion during the Berlin Fashion Week.
To the programme
Hotspot for future topics
Messe Frankfurt is hosting the second edition of the conference format FashionSustain dedicated to responsible innovations in textiles and fashion. Moreover, the #FashionTech enriches the conference programme in the Kraftwerk and focuses the future-oriented topics in fashion – innovation and sustainability as well digitization and technology.
Prepeek powered by Fashion Changers
As part of the Prepeek promotion, exhibitors gain a direct channel of communication to end customers. Bloggers and influencers select collection pieces from participating labels, showcase them in photo shoots and write reports about them. The partners of the promotion are Kleiderei.com and Fashion Changers.
Exciting and highly committed labels, a wonderful audience of trade visitors and an unrivalled thematic spectrum. The Greenshowroom and the Ethical Fashion Show Berlin exceeded all expectations, in January 2018. Altogether, 170 labels from 26 countries presented sustainable collections for the 2018/19 autumn / winter season.
The Catwalk Show
That was our catwalk show in January 2018. Experience in retrospect exclusive looks for 2018/19. For the first time, the show combined Salonshow and Ethical Fashion on Stage together.
High-fashion, luxury and design combined with sustainability – the Greenshowroom presents selected collections that unite these attributes. Ecological aspects, transparency and social characteristics constitute our understanding of sustainability developed in cooperation with Get Changed! The Fair Fashion Network.
At least 70 percent of the exhibits need to fulfil our sustainability criteria. In addition, the exhibitor should be able to cover at least one ecological and one social aspect. Transparency aspects can help to verify social and ecological engagement.
Fashion designed and manufactured reducing its environmental impacts from raw material and trim sourcing via production to the consumer use and finally its disposal or reuse – for example:
- Aim to use only renewable resources throughout the supply chain
- Avoidance of waste caused by production steps for and by the use of products
- Avoidance of toxic substances throughout the supply chain
- Following a concept of reduce, reuse, recycle and/or compost
- Support of research and innovation towards more sustainable products
Fashion designed and manufactured in conditions that respect human rights and the continuous support of sustainable development – for example:
- Compliance with ILO conventions (International Labour Organisation)
- Payment of living wages
- Respect for intellectual property
- Support of handicraft and traditional skills
- Support of local markets, co-operatives and innovative business models
A fashion business running its operations as transparent as possible in order to be able to control and sustainably develop its supply chains – for example:
- Clear communication of the sustainability strategy and the active participation in knowledge exchange and joint development e. g. through multi-stakeholder dialogues
- Knowing all suppliers involved in the manufacture of products and willingness to confidentially reveal them in order to verify sustainability claims
- Support of co-operation that creates social and environmental benefits
Social responsibility |
Many thanks to our partners
See all partner >