Welcome to the Greenshowroom
Like no other fashion event in Europe, the Greenshowroom stands for elegant designs and sustainable high-grade materials. The new location, the Kraftwerk Berlin, creates an exclusive ambience for fashion, beauty and lifestyle products of the highest standard. A unique event program will turn the Kraftwerk into the hotspot for sustainability and innovation in fashion, during the upcoming Berlin Fashion Week.
Edelziege – Pure Cashmere
Studio Elsien Gringhuis
See all labels >
Spotlight on eco-fashion: Selected designers present their new collections to an audience of prominent guests from the worlds of fashion, business, politics, film and television who enjoy high fashion at its best at the Salonshow. Visit also the lectures, panel discussions, guided tours and get-together events at the Kraftwerk and benefit from the competence center for green fashion during the Berlin Fashion Week.
Further information will follow soon.
Hotspot for future topics
In addition to the programme, Messe Frankfurt is launching the new conference format FashionSustain – under one roof alongside #Fashiontech. The additional FashionSustain conference broadens the array of information on offer concerning the future of textiles and sustainability. The power station will therefore become a hotspot for the future-oriented topics of fashion, technology, digitisation and sustainability.
As part of the PrePeek promotion, exhibitors will gain a direct channel of communication to end customers. Bloggers and influencers will select collection pieces from participating labels, showcase them in photo shoots and write reports about them. The partners of the promotion are Kleiderei.com and Fashion Changers.
Influencers & bloggers: register now!
That was the Salonshow in July 2017. On the catwalk, selected designers presented their new collections – a cross-section of the top-class contemporary fashion zeitgeist.
High-fashion, luxury and design combined with sustainability – the Greenshowroom presents selected collections that unite these attributes. Ecological aspects, transparency and social characteristics constitute our understanding of sustainability developed in cooperation with Get Changed! The Fair Fashion Network.
At least 70 percent of the exhibits need to fulfil our sustainability criteria. In addition, the exhibitor should be able to cover at least one ecological and one social aspect. Transparency aspects can help to verify social and ecological engagement.
Fashion designed and manufactured reducing its environmental impacts from raw material and trim sourcing via production to the consumer use and finally its disposal or reuse – for example:
- Aim to use only renewable resources throughout the supply chain
- Avoidance of waste caused by production steps for and by the use of products
- Avoidance of toxic substances throughout the supply chain
- Following a concept of reduce, reuse, recycle and/or compost
- Support of research and innovation towards more sustainable products
Fashion designed and manufactured in conditions that respect human rights and the continuous support of sustainable development – for example:
- Compliance with ILO conventions (International Labour Organisation)
- Payment of living wages
- Respect for intellectual property
- Support of handicraft and traditional skills
- Support of local markets, co-operatives and innovative business models
A fashion business running its operations as transparent as possible in order to be able to control and sustainably develop its supply chains – for example:
- Clear communication of the sustainability strategy and the active participation in knowledge exchange and joint development e. g. through multi-stakeholder dialogues
- Knowing all suppliers involved in the manufacture of products and willingness to confidentially reveal them in order to verify sustainability claims
- Support of co-operation that creates social and environmental benefits
Social responsibility |
Many thanks to our partners
See all partner >